Fall is off to a beautiful start here on Bainbridge Island. I hope you’re able to enjoy this colorful season. To warm us all up, I thought I’d share a Dierickx Family Fall Favorite: homemade tortellini soup! It’s quick, easy, filling, and makes you look like an amazing cook!
1 TBS butter
4 cloves garlic minced
2 cans (14 ½ oz) chicken or vegetable broth
6 fresh basil leaves, chopped, or 1 tsp. dried
9 oz. fresh cheese-filled tortellini
½ bunch fresh spinach
1 can (14 oz) stewed tomatoes
¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and basil and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and simmer, uncovered, until tortellini is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Remove stems from spinach. Gradually add the spinach, tomatoes, and cheese, stirring constantly.
- Heat thoroughly and serve immediately.
Serves 4 – 6 people
I like to pair it with garlic bread and, of course, a nice glass of wine. Enjoy!
Looking for other easy, delicious recipes? Here are some good ones fall weeknight recipes from the Food Network. And, if you’re looking to spice up an evening by ordering locally, here are some of my favorite Bainbridge restaurants.